Savvysoft Forums
Guest Joo

Excel / TOPS - "Invalid System Time (1)" error

Guest Joo

A Trader with TOPS has "Invalid System Time (1)" every time Excel is started.

A check with Windows system time and a forced resync shows the date/time/timezone is correct. The PC has been rebooted and there are no other errors.

We suspected the trader accidentally changed Windows date to 25 Mar 2010 (because I saw tops.lic timestamp as 25 Mar 2010). Bit now whenever Excel is started it shows "Invalid System Time (1)", if we remove the TOPS add-in, Excel and all other add-ins from Bloomberg, barcap, MBRM works fine.

I have tried replacing the TOPS.lic file with another copy from backup and also tried replacing the C:\TOPS folder but the error message still persist. When I use the old tops.lic file, it just displays "Feature Expired".

There are no change in the hardware.

Please advise.

Thanks

Joo

HP +65-90216421

jlee (at) artradis.com

Hi,

For licensing support requests please send email to

A Trader with TOPS has "Invalid System Time (1)" every time Excel is started.

A check with Windows system time and a forced resync shows the date/time/timezone is correct. The PC has been rebooted and there are no other errors.

We suspected the trader accidentally changed Windows date to 25 Mar 2010 (because I saw tops.lic timestamp as 25 Mar 2010). Bit now whenever Excel is started it shows "Invalid System Time (1)", if we remove the TOPS add-in, Excel and all other add-ins from Bloomberg, barcap, MBRM works fine.

I have tried replacing the TOPS.lic file with another copy from backup and also tried replacing the C:\TOPS folder but the error message still persist. When I use the old tops.lic file, it just displays "Feature Expired".

There are no change in the hardware.

Please advise.

Thanks

Joo

HP +65-90216421

jlee (at) artradis.com

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.