Excel / TOPS - "Invalid System Time (1)" error

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Joo_*

Guest_Joo_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:28 AM

A Trader with TOPS has "Invalid System Time (1)" every time Excel is started.

A check with Windows system time and a forced resync shows the date/time/timezone is correct. The PC has been rebooted and there are no other errors.

We suspected the trader accidentally changed Windows date to 25 Mar 2010 (because I saw tops.lic timestamp as 25 Mar 2010). Bit now whenever Excel is started it shows "Invalid System Time (1)", if we remove the TOPS add-in, Excel and all other add-ins from Bloomberg, barcap, MBRM works fine.

I have tried replacing the TOPS.lic file with another copy from backup and also tried replacing the C:\TOPS folder but the error message still persist. When I use the old tops.lic file, it just displays "Feature Expired".

There are no change in the hardware.

Please advise.

Thanks
Joo
HP +65-90216421
jlee (at) artradis.com

#2 jrynd

jrynd

Advanced Member

• Savvysoft
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:23 PM

Hi,

For licensing support requests please send email to <license@savvysoft.com>

A Trader with TOPS has "Invalid System Time (1)" every time Excel is started.

A check with Windows system time and a forced resync shows the date/time/timezone is correct. The PC has been rebooted and there are no other errors.

We suspected the trader accidentally changed Windows date to 25 Mar 2010 (because I saw tops.lic timestamp as 25 Mar 2010). Bit now whenever Excel is started it shows "Invalid System Time (1)", if we remove the TOPS add-in, Excel and all other add-ins from Bloomberg, barcap, MBRM works fine.

I have tried replacing the TOPS.lic file with another copy from backup and also tried replacing the C:\TOPS folder but the error message still persist. When I use the old tops.lic file, it just displays "Feature Expired".

There are no change in the hardware.

Please advise.

Thanks
Joo
HP +65-90216421
jlee (at) artradis.com

Reply to this topic

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users